Another Image Comparison
Joe Maddon's Political Affiliation
- Undeclared - He has met with David Axelrod an Obama campaign adviser and he defended Trump following a White House Visit.
Jeremy Corbyn's Political Affiliation
- UK Labour Party Leader - Corbyn sings the praises of Venezuela and former radical Left leader Hugo Chavez.
- Very Relevant
Joe Maddon's Aspirations
- Win another Division
- Win another Pennant
- Win another World Series
Jeremy Corbyn's Aspirations
- Displace Theresa May as the UK's next Prime Minister
- Nationalize the UK energy grid
- Turn the UK into another socialist Mecca like Venezuela
Jeremy Corbyn says Hugo Chavez is an 'Absolute Legend in Every Way'
Two years before becoming leader of Britain’s Labour Party in 2015, Jeremy Corbyn addressed a meeting of the Venezuela Solidarity Campaign, and called Hugo Chavez – who died weeks earlier after handpicking Nicolás Maduro as his successor – as “an absolute legend in every way.”
Click on the above link for a video of Corbyn saying "We Salute Chavez ... there is an alternative to austerity."
What a hoot. Venezuela has collapsed in hyperinflation.
Joe Maddon, when asked about his meeting with Axelrod stated "That’s all the political crap you’re going to get out of me." The quote is according to Cubs' Joe Maddon a Fascinated Follower of Political Season.
Legend Comparison - Joe Maddon
- Maddon guided the Cubs to a world series for the first time since 1908. It was the longest drought in history.
- Maddon also won an American League Pennant in 2008.
Legend Comparison - Chavez, Corbyn
- Yes, Chavez is a legend. He wrecked Venezuela. In 2007, Chavez nationalized Venezuela's energy sector, among other things.
- Chavez's hand-picked replacement, Nicolás Maduro, finished the job. Oil output plunged to near zero. Venezuela has some of the highest oil reserves in the world but needs to import oil.
- Venezuela is in a state of hyperinflation.
- Corbyn praises Chavez as a legend, in a positive sense.
- Corbyn splintered the UK Labour party with a confusing and changing position stance on Brexit. Prime Minister Theresa May is a disaster and Corbyn has yet to capitalize.
It's the Hat
Corbyn is suffering from too much sun on the brain.
Hey Joe, can you spare a cap?
Mike "Mish" Shedlock