- The mine is in Wenatchee, Washington has 1,800 servers running every day with very little downtime.
- The mine is run by Malachi Salcido, president and CEO of The Salcido Connection.
- The mine produces five-to-seven bitcoins every day. Salcido wants to expand his operation to get up to 50 bitcoin per day.
Buy Your Own Mine
- The Kodak-branded mining rig called the KashMiner, which was showcased at this year's CES. It's created and run by a company called Spotlite, and has licensed the Kodak name.
- Users pay $3,400 to rent the mining machine for two years and give Kodak half of any bitcoins mined.
- Kodak claims the KashMiner will produce about $375 worth of new bitcoins every month, which would lead to estimated revenues roughly $9,000 over those two years.
If these devices actually were profitable to anyone but Kodak, the company would start its own mine rather than selling them. If you are dumb enough to buy one of these devices, you will be competing against the Salcido Connection and every company like it.
I expect to see shares of Kodak back under $3 in due time. And unless it comes up with a real product, which I highly doubt, it will go bankrupt again.
Meanwhile, I have no idea how high Kodak will go, but if the top is in already, I would not be surprised.
Beanie Babies vs Bitcoin
Bitcoins are nothing but the new Beanie Baby in my estimation.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock