The BEA's Personal Income and Outlays report for September 2018 shows personal income increased $35.7 billion in September.
- Personal income increased $35.7 billion (0.2 percent).
- Disposable personal income (DPI) increased $29.1 billion (0.2 percent)
- Real DPI increased 0.1 percent in September.
Personal Consumption Expenditures
- Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $53.0 billion (0.4 percent).
- Real PCE increased 0.3 percent.
PCE Price Index
- The PCE price index increased 0.1 percent.
- Excluding food and energy, the PCE price index increased 0.2 percent.
Updates to Personal Income and Outlays
The percent change from the preceding month for current-dollar personal income, and for current-dollar and chained (2012) dollar DPI and PCE -- revised and previously published in last month's release -- are shown above.
The BEA revised both July and August.
This data is reflected in the BEA's first estimate of third-quarter GDP last Friday.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock