Super Irony: Washington Post Editorial Moans “Trump Refuses to Face Reality About Russia”
ALTHOUGH PRESIDENT Obama’s sanctions against Russia for interfering with the U.S. presidential election came late, his action on Thursday reflected a bipartisan consensus that penalties must be imposed for Moscow’s audacious hacking and meddling. But one prominent voice in the United States reacted differently. President-elect Donald Trump said “it’s time for our country to move on to bigger and better things.” Earlier in the week, he asserted that the “whole age of computer has made it where nobody knows exactly what is going on.”
No, Mr. Trump, it is not time to move on. U.S. intelligence agencies are in agreement about “what is going on”: a brazen and unprecedented attempt by a hostile power to covertly sway the outcome of a U.S. presidential election through the theft and release of material damaging to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. The president-elect’s dismissive response only deepens unanswered questions about his ties to Russia in the past and his plans for cooperation with Vladimir Putin.
Dear Washington Post
How many times do you morons have to humiliate yourselves with fake news before you understand the problem is you?
There is no credible evidence Russia interfered in the US election. However, we do have some facts.
Facts of the Matter
- The US waged war on Iraq on trumped up charges of weapons of mass destruction.
- The US entered a war in Vietnam on a senseless “domino theory” fueled on trumped up Gulf of Tonkin incident.
- The US helped overthrow Mohammad Mosaddegh, an Iranian Prime Minister. Mosaddegh was the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in a coup d’état aided by the the US. The results were disastrous.
- The US tapped Angela Merkel’s phone.
- On the death of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi, then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton bragged “We came, we saw, he died.” ISIS and radicals took over Libya following the death of Qaddafi.
- Thousands of innocent men, women, and children have been killed by US drones. Obama justified targeted killings under the pretext of wars that were never declared.
Facts vs. Allegations
Like it or not, those are the undisputed facts. Meanwhile, the editorial board nut cases at the Washington Post are on the loose, multiple times over.
It is possible Russia is involved, but all we have now is allegations. And these are the same kinds of allegations we saw about Iraq, Vietnam, drone policy, etc.
Please check out my new photography website: Mish Moments
Here is my latest article: Iceland in 16 Days: Day 6, North Iceland, Selfoss Waterfall
Mike “Mish” Shedlock