Speaking Topic: Humor, An Effective Teaching Tool: Follow Neale’s Career Journey
Neale Godfrey takes audiences through her career journey, showcasing her “life’s lesson plans” in an entertaining and effective style that breaks from the traditional rhetoric. Neale has an uncanny ability to deliverher “lessons learned” with humor, empowering her audiences (especially women) to achieve their professional and personal goals.
Neale Godfrey began her career as one of the first female executives in banking and was met with tough challenges in a traditionally male-dominated world. Yet, throughout her journey, Neale approached each challenge with tenacity humor.
At Chase Manhattan Bank in 1972, Neale entered the Global Credit Executive Training Program (being paid $6,500 to the men’s $11,000 salary), and excelled in the financial industry. She eventually became President of The First Women’s Bank and founding the First Children’s Bank in F.A.O. Schwarz. Discover how Neale used humor to keep herself motivated and grounded as she broke through several glass ceilings to become a successful writer, speaker, and entrepreneur.
Some of Neale’s awards, accolades, and accomplishments:
- New York #1 Best Seller, “Money Doesn’t Grow On Trees: A Parent’s Guide to Raising Financially Responsible Children”
- 13 Appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show, as well as on The Today Show and Good Morning America, and on national networks such as NBC, FOX, CNBC, and CNN.
- Woman of the Year and Banker of the Year
- Muriel Siebert Lifetime Achievement Award (for her trailblazing work on financial literacy)
- NJBIZ Best 50 Women in Business award
- Femme Award of Excellence, UN Women
- National Winner, w2wlink’s Ascendancy Awards for Business Women
- Garden State Woman of the Year
- Awarded for Outstanding Service Toward Financial Literacy, United Negro College Fund
- Women of Influence Award, Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- National Honoree, WomenInBusiness.org
- Board of Advisors, DriveWealth, LLC and Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc.
- Keynote Speaker, V-WISE (Veteran Women Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship)
- Executive in Residence, Columbia Graduate School of Business