Fed Keeps Monetizing the Debt – 16-Day Bill Treasury Auction Results

clarisezoleta

This is a syndicated repost courtesy of Treasury Auction Results. To view original, click here. Reposted with permission.

Liquidity moves markets!

Follow the money. Find the profits!

The Treasury said that it was way oversubscribed. No shit, Sherlock! Since Friday the Fed has pumped $18.6 billion in permanent money into Primary Dealer accounts via POMO outright purchases of Treasuries. Then yesterday and today it rolled about $100 billion in TOMO repos to make sure that money stays in the banking system.

Bottom line: The Fed has been monetizing approximately 60% of the US Government’s budget defecation. That means that the dealers, banks, investors, and the rest of the world need to absorb only 40%. That ratio seems to be enough for the central bank to win the battle to keep the stock and bond market asset bubbles inflated.

Whether it’s a strategy that will win the “war” remains to be seen.

What a disgusting mess.

Term and Type: 16-Day Bill
CMB: Yes
High Rate: 1.540%
Investment Rate: 1.567%
Price: $99.931556
Allotted at High: 52.15%
Total Tendered: $54,450,259,000
Total Accepted: $15,000,034,000
Auction Date: 11/20/2019
Issue Date: 11/26/2019
Maturity Date: 12/12/2019
PDF | XML

Get my complete analysis and forecast at Liquidity Trader.

Read Lee Adler’s Liquidity Trader risk free for 90 days! Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

Comments

Stocks/Options

FEATURED
COMMUNITY