week for our positions. Why?
- The dollar broke below its multi-year support zone of 91-93 on the chart of the U.S. Dollar Index
- The Treasury Secretary & the President both support a declining dollar right now. (That's almost unheard of, for them to publicly support it even though most of the ones before them have privately supported a falling dollar).
- The CRB Commodity Index is hitting new 52-week highs, showing the rise that's coming in inflation.
- Institutional money is rolling out of overvalued stocks while the average investor is still so enamored with the overvalued ones and they're willing to buy those overvalued shares from these institutions. Then these institutions are turning around and buying defensive assets, such as the ones we own in the LI portfolio (and like some of you hold in previous portfolios as well).
- Remember: Don't get caught up in the day-to-day ups and downs. Also, know that a sizable pullback will follow the run-ups that we've had recently and that's normal market mechanics. So set your expectations properly.
- Also, at the end of the video today, I remind you of a stewardship principle in the Bible that we always need to be mindful of.
- Here's this week's video: https://www.themaven.net/api/media/6eca2247-056d-4d0d-9435-d0fbf9ff5d3c
- Here's the YouTube produced version if you have problems with the above version. https://youtu.be/_Xnv_qQ1ehw